Subject: For Action: To OCPs for TB epidemiology - Please review TB surveillance & monitoring in Europe 2025 Report content (2023 data) by EOB Wednesday 18 December 2024
From: "Tuberculosis" <[email-masked]>
To: "Vinciane SIZAIRE" <[email-masked]>,Wouter Arrazola de Oñate <[email-masked]>,Jiří Wallenfels <[email-masked]>, "slezak.pavel" <[email-masked]>, "Anders Koch" <[email-masked]>, "Piret Viiklepp" <[email-masked]>, "Hanna Soini" <[email-masked]>, "Delphine Viriot" <[email-masked]>, "Jean-Paul GUTHMANN" <[email-masked]>, "KroegerS" <[email-masked]>,Lena Bös <[email-masked]>, "Teresa Domaszewska" <[email-masked]>, "s.chatzianastasiou" <[email-masked]>,Zsuzsa Cselkó <
Cc: "Tuberculosis" <[email-masked]>, "Country Cooperation" <[email-masked]>, "Veronica Cristea" <[email-masked]>,Költringer Fiona <[email-masked]>, "Indra Alexander" <[email-masked]>, "Vinciane SIZAIRE" <[email-masked]>,Wouter Arrazola de Oñate <[email-masked]>, "Yuliana Atanasova" <[email-masked]>, "zvjezdana.lovric" <[email-masked]>, "goranka.petrovic" <[email-masked]>, "coconstantinou" <[email-masked]>, "Anna Papandreou" <[email-masked]>,Věra Dvo
Date: Thu, 5 Dec 2024 14:27:41 +0200

Tähelepanu! Tegemist on väljastpoolt asutust saabunud kirjaga. Tundmatu 
saatja korral palume linke ja faile mitte avada.

Dear Operational Contact Point for Tuberculosis Epidemiology,

Below you can find a link to the draft content that will be included in the 
‘Tuberculosis surveillance and monitoring in Europe 2025 – 2023 data’ 
report. Unfortunately, due to the size of the documents it is not possible 
to send them as attachments via email.

The report is based on data submitted to TESSy and the WHO TME System for 
2023. The publication is planned for World TB Day on 24 March 2025.

The content is still in draft form and has not yet been formatted or 
combined. There are some components (for example the whole European Region 
commentary and annexes 4 and 5) missing as these are still under preparation 
by WHO Europe.

The draft content is available by following the link to the ECDC 
Tuberculosis Disease Network (SharePoint site):

 <https://ecdc365.sharepoint.com/:f:/r/teams/econ_tbsmeu23/TBReport/TB%20surveillance%20%26%20monitoring%20in%20Europe%202025%20Report%20content%20(2023%20data)?csf=1&web=1&e=2aT8Mb> 
TB surveillance & monitoring in Europe 2025 Report content (2023 data)

There you will currently find the following documents to review:

1.	2025 TB Report Text
2.	2025 TB Report Annexes
3.	2025 TB Report Tables
4.	2025 TB Report Estimates - Tables 1 & 2
5.	2025 TB Report Estimates_Trends_tables I & II
6.	2025 TB Report Trends
7.	2025 TB Report Country Profiles

I kindly ask that you review the files, focusing specifically on the data 
for your country, by end-of-business(EOB) Wednesday 18 December 2024 at the 
latest.

If you have problems accessing or commenting on these documents using the 
ECDC SharePoint please contact [email-masked] 
<mailto:[email-masked]>  and put in copy 
[email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]>

Please note that when opening the excel files an error box will likely 
appear – this is due to the size of the document (the file is not corrupt or 
an unsupported format). If you select “Yes” in this error box and then ‘Open 
excel’ in the subsequent pop-up box, the document will open normally in 
excel. Also, the documents are not editable, but please use the app versions 
(not browser mode) of the required software to add comments and highlight 
any feedback you would like us to incorporate.

For further instructions on the use of SharePoint refer to the notes 
included at the end of the email.

Once the review for your country is complete, please email 
<mailto:[email-masked]> [email-masked] to let us 
know. We also encourage you to send additional feedback (if any) by email.

If we do not receive feedback by EOB 18 December 2024, we will assume that 
you approve of the data and content relating to your country.

We understand that this is a very busy time, however publication deadlines 
mean that we have strict timeframes for Member State consultation. Please 
contact us as soon as possible if you wish to discuss the deadline.

For comparison, last year’s report is available 
<https://www.ecdc.europa.eu/en/publications-data/tuberculosis-surveillance-and-monitoring-europe-2024-2022-data> 
here.

Should you have any questions or problems accessing the files, please do not 
hesitate to contact us either via [email-masked] 
<mailto:[email-masked]>  or directly to 
[email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]>

Thank you in advance!

Kind regards,

Veronica Cristea on behalf of the ECDC TB team

Notes about ECDC (SharePoint):

There may be issues at times, so here’s are some best practice tips:

*	Authenticate with your ECDC-provided credentials (if enough time goes by, 
you may need to re-authenticate using the web link above)

*	If possible, work on a Windows-based system (MacOS may work but we cannot 
guarantee that it is supported)

*	Once logging in, select the document you wish to review.

*	For word documents: By clicking on ‘EDIT DOCUMENT’ you can choose to edit 
using the Word Web App or in Word. To access all of the editing/commenting 
functionality, we recommend you select ‘Edit in Word’ which will open Word 
but will save/update the document on the SharePoint (please do not change 
the save location). We highly recommend saving regularly while reviewing the 
content. Please use tracked changes and comments where necessary.
*	For excel documents: when opening the excel files an error box will likely 
appear – this is due to the size of the document (the file is not corrupt or 
an unsupported format). If you select “Yes” in this error box and then ‘Open 
excel’ in the subsequent pop-up box the document will open normally in 
excel. The document will be saved/updated in SharePoint (please do not 
change the save location). We highly recommend saving regularly while 
reviewing the content. The spreadsheets are locked for editing, however you 
can select relevant cells and use the comment function where necessary.

*	Please do not ‘Check out’ the documents, as this will prevent others from 
being able to edit/comment. If you do ‘Check out’ a document inadvertently, 
please select ‘Check in’ to reverse this. If you notice a document is 
checked out to someone else and you are unable to access it, please email us 
at [email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]>  and we 
will resolve this.
*	All those receiving this email as a ‘To’ and ‘CC’ recipient have been 
authorised to access the SharePoint folder. If, for any reason there is an 
issue when trying to access the link or a colleague requires but does not 
have access, they can request it using the message request box that appears 
(example below) when accessing the link, and we will grant the access.

European Centre for Disease Prevention and Control (ECDC)Gustav III:s boulevard 40, 169 73 Solna, Sweden

Phone +46 (0)8 58 60 10 00

 <https://www.ecdc.europa.eu/> www.ecdc.europa.eu

Follow ECDC on:

 <http://www.facebook.com/ECDC.EU>

 <http://twitter.com/ecdc_eu>

 <http://www.linkedin.com/company/ecdc>

 <http://www.youtube.com/user/ECDCchannel>

Confidentiality Notice
If you are not the intended recipient of this message, you are hereby kindly 
requested, to, consecutively, refrain from disclosing its content to any 
third party, delete it and inform its sender of the erroneous transmittal.

Classified as ECDC NORMAL